Consumer product safety obligations are becoming increasingly global in their nature. Supply chain sourcing, import compliance, international reporting obligations, and multi country recall coordination, all affect American and foreign corporations.
Most consumer products are imported and import surveillance is now a heightened CPSC priority that can result in stoppages and detentions of consumer products. The Joern Law Firm can assist companies with advice and representation to help effectively address these risks.
In addition to importation matters, the Joern Law Firm can provide counseling and assistance concerning United States consumer product safety laws – not only to American businesses – but also to foreign companies in need of advice on how American consumer product safety rules and regulations may have an effect on them and their business activities in the United States. The firm has particular expertise coordinating with Canadian law firms on the joint recall of products under both the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission and its Canadian counterpart, Health Canada.
- United States
- North America
International / Import Articles
- Consumer Product Safety Rules and Import Compliance Webinar
- CPSC Approves Pilot E-Filing System for Imports
- 10 Things to Remember if you Import Consumer Products
- Agencies Increase Port Surveillance of Consumer Products
- Business on the Border: New U.S. and Canadian Consumer Product Safety Laws
- Corrective Action Guide: Guidelines for Business to manage Product Recalls & Other Corrective Actions